What is Trichology?
Trichology is the science of the structure, function, and diseases of the human hair and scalp. Founded in London in 1902, Trichology is the highly specialized science concerned with the diagnosis and treatment of hair loss and scalp disorders. The word “Trichology” originates from the ancient Greek word “Trikos” meaning hair.
What is a qualified Trichologist?
A qualified Trichologist is someone who has successfully completed a Trichology Education Program on the science of the structure and function of the human hair and scalp. Our study includes the body systems, nutrition, chemistry, physiology of the hair, skin and haircare processes.
What are the differences between Trichologists and Dermatologists?
Trichology is the holistic approach to health, not just the treatment of the hair and scalp. Trichologists place emphasis on the clients’ diet, exercise, and other elements of his or her lifestyle. We must consider all possible causes and address them in order to get to the root of the problem. Many dermatologists treat only the symptoms of hair loss and scaling, while placing brief emphasis to the causes which many times are produced by a extremely stressful and unhealthy lifestyle.
What types of hair loss problems a Trichologist can treat that a Dermatologist cannot?
Hair loss from chemotherapy or other medications, anemia, autoimmune deficiency, thyroid deficiency, most types of Alopecia.
Trichologist Expertise is in the following
- Scientific study of hair and scalp diseases
- Understand hair growth and hair loss cycles
- The study of anatomy and physiology
- Have extended their training beyond Cosmetology
- Study hair loss and thinning issues
- Understand how the body systems affect hair growth or hair loss
- Understand and can identify the different types of Alopecia
- Use hair recovery tools and certified organic products to reduce hair loss or thinning
- Have options besides painful treatments and harsh medications
- Want to improve the person’s quality of life by the use of nutrition, reducing stress, and balancing the body overall
- Understand and identify the ’causes’ of hair loss, thinning, shedding, breakage and develop a therapeutic treatment regime
- Able to prevent, reduce, or stop hair loss and hair damage
Consultations – Hair care is a challenge that many people face. You don’t have to face these issues alone. For details on how you can get help with your hair care please schedule an initial consultation with our experienced Trichologist. Initial consultations are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m. and Saturday 8 a.m. – 3 p.m. only.
Hair Care Services – We are a full service salon that specializes in hair and scalp services by appointment. Book your hair care appointment now through our online booking system.