People might not want to hear it, but growing long, flowing hair is not an easy process. While supplements and frequent haircuts certainly do not hurt, those things alone will not be enough for you to see actual results. If you are trying to get longer hair than you’ve ever had before, the only way to do it is to keep it incredibly healthy. Growing long hair is a challenge, but luckily Parker Trichology is here to walk you through it!
Healthy Hair = Longer Hair
Like we said above, the key to growing long hair is keeping it healthy. That means preventing heat damage, breakage, and split ends. Here are a few ways you can keep your hair healthy, and avoid those things:
- Scalp Care – The oils in your scalp keep your hair hydrated, and in turn, healthy. There are tons of products specifically designed to keep your scalp healthy.
- Avoid Bleaching Your Hair – Bleaching your hair is one the easiest ways to damage it. Bleaching your hair too often will inevitably lead to split ends and breakage.
- Avoid Shampooing Every Day – Shampooing every day will dry out your hair. The continuous washing prevents your hair’s natural oils from absorbing into your hair. This also makes it more difficult for your hair to repair its self if it becomes damaged.
- Avoid Frequent Heat Tools Use – Using heat tools will 100% dry out your hair. Which, as we said above, makes preventing and recovering from hair damage much harder. However, avoiding using heat tools all together is very difficult. When you do use them, make sure you use heat-protectant products.
- Cold Water Rinse – Rinsing off with cold water at the end of your should is a simple way to help hydrate your hair. The cold water causes your hair to lay down flat, preventing moisture loss.
If you are still struggling with getting your hair as long as you would like, Parker Trichology Centre & Salon is here! Located in Carrolton, TX, we are here to help ensure that you are happy with your hair. For more information on our treatment programs or to schedule an appointment, please contact us today!