Maintaining healthy hair ensures smoothness, shine, and quick growth. Unfortunately, one of the most common sources of hair damage occurs through hair breakage. Heat tools, chemicals and lack of regular treatments are among the leading causes of hair breakage. When it comes to health, inside and out, prevention is the best medicine! Here are nine home remedies to prevent hair breakage:
1. Oils seal moisture into your hair and add lustrous shine. You can use any oil you would like or even a blend of your favorites. Try coconut, olive, argan or grapeseed oil, or a combination, and see what you like best. Merely massage warm oil into your hair, wrap in a hot towel and let it set for 45 minutes before washing out. We recommend this treatment 2-3 times per week.
2. Apple Cider Vinegar helps balance oil production on your scalp and removes any dirt or product buildup from your hair. After washing and conditioning your air, pour a diluted apple cider vinegar solution (2 tbsp. vinegar to 2 cups water) over your hair and let it dry. This treatment works best when used 1-2 times each month.
3. Egg Protein is jam-packed with proteins that reduce damage and nourish your hair. Mix 2 eggs, 1/2 cup full-fat yogurt, and 2 tbsp of almond oil. Once per week, apply this mask to your hair, cover with a shower cap, and leave on for one hour. Finish by shampooing and conditioning your hair like you usually would.
4. Green Tea is rich in antioxidants, which help reduce and prevent hair damage. Prepare this simple green tea rinse once a week by brewing two green tea bags in two cups of water. After shampooing and conditioning, rinse your hair with the tea mixture and allow it to dry.
5. Aloe Vera Gel is full of antioxidants to keep your scalp healthy and nourish your hair. This twice weekly routine is simple: Apply two tablespoons of aloe vera gel to your hair after washing and conditioning. Leave the gel on for five minutes then rinse it out.
6. Mayonnaise contains eggs and fatty acids to nourish your hair and keep it soft. Just apply 1/2 cup of mayonnaise to your hair, leave it on for 30 minutes, then wash and condition as usual. Use this one-step treatment up to once a week.
7. Onion Juice nourishes your hair and seals in moisture. Combine 1/4 cup onion juice with a tablespoon of honey. Apply this mixture to your hair and let it set for 30 minutes before washing and conditioning as usual. Use this mask once per week for the best results.
8. Shea Butter strengthens hair and leaves a long-lasting shine. Mix one tablespoon shea butter with two tablespoons of coconut oil and one teaspoon of argan oil. Apply these oils to the hair when they are warm, then wrap your hair in a hot towel for half an hour. Wash and condition as usual and allow your hair to air dry.
9. Vaseline helps calm frizz, seal in moisture and prevent split ends. Just apply two tablespoons of Vaseline to your hair once per week, concentrating on the tips. Wrap your hair in a towel and leave the treatment on overnight. The next morning, shampoo and condition as usual.
For more information about hair breakage and treatments, visit Parker Trichology Centre online at https://hairlosscentreandsalon.com/ or give us a call today (214) 307-6200.
Hair Breakage Carrollton TX
Parker Trichology Centre
1405 W. Frankford Road Suite 106