There are hundreds of different hair types among men and women, and each hair type needs unique hair care techniques to stay healthy and beautiful. Whether you care for your hair on a daily basis or just want to keep split ends from taking over, finding a treatment to prevent hair breakage is all it takes to keep your hair looking gorgeous. Unsure of what type of hair you have? Most people fall into one of the six following categories:
- Damaged hair. Hair is all too easy to become damaged with curling, straightening, coloring, and anything else in a daily routine. To keep your hair from taking too much heat (literally), keep your blow dryer on the lowest setting if you dry your hair. If you straighten or curl your hair often, take one day a week to give your hair some TLC, which means no heat treatments for the day.
- Dry hair. Dry hair is not only difficult to work with, but it may lead to hair breakage and even more pressing issues. To keep your hair hydrated, find moisturizing shampoos and conditioners. Also, keep from buying shampoos with sulfate, which is an alcohol and causes dryness. Your hair – and the environment – will thank you later.
- Frizzy hair. Frizz may seem impossible to tame, but with the right treatments, your hair will never be anything but luscious. To keep the frizz from causing split ends between visits, use conditioner and hair serum to allow your hair to lock in the right kind of moisture instead of trapping moisture from the air.
- Curly hair. With curly hair, styling and brushing when wet will keep your hair pliable and less prone to breaking than when dry. Avoid blow drying your hair if possible, and if you do need to dry your hair with a dryer, be sure to purchase something that is accommodating to your curls, like a diffuser.
- Thin hair. Women with thin hair may feel like they have little to work with, so hair loss or breakage may seem like an even more crucial situation. To keep your hair looking fuller use volumizing shampoos and blow dry your hair upside down. Taking regular visits to a hair breakage salon in Frisco will not only prevent hair loss but will give the appearance of a fuller, thicker head of hair.
- Colored hair. Color-treated hair has already been through plenty abuse, with bleaching and styling on a regular basis. Give your hair a break by using hydrating shampoos recommended by your salon and using cool water when washing to avoid excess heat on your head.
No matter your age, your hair is something that deserves to shine. Let Parker Trichology Center, the best salon for hair breakage in Frisco, TX, bring your hair back to life. Call (214) 307-6200 to take the first step in getting your best hair yet.
Hair Breakage Frisco TX
Parker Trichology Centre
1405 W. Frankford Road Suite 106